Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Trader Joe's Sweet Tea Review

Today, I stopped by the Trader Joe's at 6610 Marie Curie Drive in Elkridge, Maryland (close to Columbia). I wanted to buy another 1 gallon jug of their Sweet Tea so, I could write this review.

According to Trader Joe's, the sweet black tea is kettle brewed (I don't know what difference that makes) and sweetened with cane sugar vice high fructose corn syrup. I do like that they use cane sugar with it. I'm not a fan of the corn syrup Coco-Cola uses in their soft drinks.

Price wise, it sells for $3.99 for a 1 gallon jug of the tea which seems a decent enough price to me though I couldn't tell you how that stacks up compared to other packaged sweet teas.

Taste wise, the tea isn't overly sweet. I think McDonald's sweet tea might be sweeter. This disappoints me a little as it is supposed to be SWEET tea.

Overall, I think Trader Joe's Sweet Tea is ok. It isn't outstanding and, it's terrible. It's more in the middle i.e. decent stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy (though I did in this case solely so I could write this review) the stuff but, I wouldn't turn it down if a glass was offered to me. I'd recommend the same to you. It's decent sweet tea. Happy sipping all!

No comments: