Wednesday, February 12, 2014

8700 Washington Boulevard Savage Maryland McDonald's Wi-Fi Review

I had a McDonald's coupon which would get me 2 of their large sandwiches for the price of 1. Because of that, I decided to stop by the McDonald's which is close to the Extended Stay America I'm staying at. While waiting for my order to be filled, I tried out their Wi-Fi.

I picked up 2 signals which may be the problem at this McDonald's. Both signals came in very strong. One was for ATT and the other was for Wayland Portal which I'd never seen before. McDonald's standard Wi-Fi provider is ATT. For whatever reasons, every time the webpage came up where I would press on the I accept button (accepting the terms of use), nothing would happen. After trying for something like 10 minutes, I gave up.

Because of my failure to connect, I have to give this McDonald's a thumbs down Wi-Fi wise. I plan
to go back at a later time and, I'll test their Wi-Fi again. We'll see if it works that time. Stay tuned.

Update February 19, 2014: I was off today so, I decided today was a good day to test this McDonald's Wi-Fi again. Plus, I had coupons where I could get 2 Big Macs or 2 Filet-o-Fish sandwiches for $4. I think I saved $4 with each coupon. This McDonald's will let you use up to 2 coupons per visit which is nice.

Concerning their Wi-Fi, this time it worked very well. One neat thing about Nook e-reader is when you visit a place you've been to before, it'll automatically connect to that place's Wi-Fi signal. This time, there wasn't any conflict between the ATT and Wayland signals and, it promptly connected to the ATT signal which was very strong. I did have a minor glitch in that I was able to post to Facebook BEFORE the standard agree to terms of use window came up. Because I hadn't accepted the terms, Facebook wouldn't let me put where my location was with my post which was weird. Once I accepted the terms of use, it would.

Overall, I was very pleased with this McDonald's Wi-Fi and, I give it a big thumbs up. If you're in this area, this is a place worth stopping at if you need Internet access. Happy surfing all!

Correction: I discovered that I put the wrong town name on my first post for this review. Apparently, this McDonald's is considered to be in Savage (according to the McDonald's website any way) even though the Extended Stay which is less than a block away is in Jessup. I confess I don't understand how they determine which town places like these are in which are on the boundaries of the town.

No comments: