Friday, May 31, 2013

Rojo's Authentic Six Layer Dip Classic

One food product that Costco sells that I particularly like is Rojo's Authentic 6 Layer Dip Classic. The dish is composed of a layer of re-fried beans, a layer of spicy Rojo's salsa, a layer off guacamole, a layer of tangy taco cream, a layer of seasoned sour cream and a layer of jack and cheddar cheeses hence the name 6 layer dip. The product comes in a 2 pound 12 ounce plastic container and sells for $8.49 (the price I paid at the Arundel Mills Costco May 12th and May 30th, 2013). The product has a reasonable shelf life depending on how fresh it is when you buy it at Costco or some other store that sells it. The one I bought on May 30th states it should be used by June 30th which is just over a month. The product should be refrigerated as it is highly perishable. Due to considerable quantity of the dip you get in the 2 pound 12 ounce size, this would be ideal for parties, potlucks and other big gatherings. The dip is somewhat spicy but no overly so. It shouldn't burn your mouth though you will notice some zing to it. Those who wanted a bit more heat could always put a slice of jalapeno on top of the dip.

Overall, I think this is an excellent product who want something a little different from the standard salsa or cheese sauce. It has a lot of really good things in it like the cheeses, guacamole and re-fried beans. Also, I think it comes at a very reasonable price considering how much you get. I'd definitely give it 2 thumbs up. Bon Appetit all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you heat it up?

Ditto said...

No, you don't Anonymous. In fact, it has to stay refrigerated until you're ready to use it.

Anonymous said...

Did you know the cheese is fake?

Unknown said...

The ingredients include cheddar cheese, which would indicate it's not fake.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this bean dip which I buy from Costco but I want to learn how to make it. Where can I find the recipe???

Ditto said...

To Brian Ferguson, I don't have the slightest idea where you could find the recipe. You might search on-line and see what you find. I suspect making the dip is a bit complicated. It's probably a lot easier if you bought it at Costco. The price seems pretty reasonable to me for what you get.