Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dasani Strawberry Flavored Water

As I like collecting My Coke reward points but, I don't need all the calories from their sodas, I decided to try some of their Dasani flavored waters. Dasani offers 3 of them - strawberry, lemon and grape. Each of the of the flavored waters has zero calories. They do that by using aspartame and sucralose. The strawberry flavored water does have a decent enough strawberry flavor to it. The bottle states it comes with other natural flavors as well as strawberry. Why does the strawberry flavored water need other flavors besides strawberry in it? The water comes in 20 fluid ounce plantbottles (plastic bottles that have up to 30% plant material in them). A 20 ounce bottle of the water costs $1.69 at the Crofton, Maryland Wegmans store. I've found a number of stores DON'T carry the Dasani flavored waters for unknown reasons (the plain Dasani drinking water is widely available). I had to search to find them at the Crofton store. I believe you can get the flavored waters from the Coke Freestyle machines. My Coke reward point wise, you'll get 3 points for a 20 ounce bottle of the flavored water. One thing I don't understand is why Coke doesn't offer the points on the bottles of regular Dasani water (the exception being the 24 pack which you'll get 20 points for).

Overall, I thought the Dasani strawberry flavored water was good, not great. Some folks might not be wiped out that the water is just twice filtered vice being spring or mineral water. Another drawback to the water is that as far as I know, it isn't widely available. You'll have to really look around to find this product. Happy Drinking All!

No comments: