Sunday, March 17, 2013

McDonald's Fish McBites Review

In the McDonald's coupon booklet I received in the mail, they mentioned their new food item Fish McBites. Fish McBites are small breaded square pieces of Alaskan pollock that McDonald's offers in 3 different size orders - snack (3.4 ounces), regular (5.2 ounces) and shareable (10.3 ounces). I tried the shareable size. I bought my McBite order at the 8700 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, Maryland McDonalds. It cost me $5.59 not including tax and came with 2 small things of tartar sauce which you can dip the McBites in. According to nutrition information McDonald's posts on its website http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_nutrition.chicken.1043.Fish-McBites-Regular-Size.html, the shareable size Fish McBites has 730 calories, 33 grams of protein, 39 grams of fat, 63 grams of carbohydrates, 1,260 milligrams of sodium, 5 grams of saturated fat, zero trans fat and 70 milligrams of cholesterol.

Overall, I thought McDonald's Fish McBites were pretty good. They are a novel way to enjoy fish as well as a very easy way to eat fish. Due to their small size, I would think there is very little risk of finding a fish bone, something you have to watch out for in larger fish portions. Time wise, there would be a minimal wait to get your order unless it's a particularly busy time at your local McDonald's. McBites might be a good way to get kids to try fish. I would think young kids would particularly like the small bite size piece like they like Chicken McNuggets. Bon Appetit!

No comments: