Tuesday, March 26, 2013

29 Days Till I Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas

As you can tell, I'm counting the days till I fly down to San Juan, Puerto Rico and board Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas for her re-positioning cruise which finishes in Baltimore, Maryland. Once there, she'll take the place of Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas which is re-positioning to possibly Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The cruise should be particularly good. One down side to cruising out of Baltimore, Maryland is you spend a lot of time at sea getting to and from places. The Baltimore cruise to the Bahamas takes 2 days at sea each way. With the re-positioning cruise, you'll only spend 2 days at sea en-route to Baltimore. Also, the cruise pulls into 6 ports: St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, British Virgin Island, Dominican Republic and Haiti (Royal Caribbean's resort at Labadee) (this may not be the correct order though these are all the port calls it'll make).

Others apparently think the cruise should be a good one as the last time I checked, the only cabins that were left were suites on the cruise which were going for over $2,400 per person! I managed to get a pretty good deal on an inner cabin. It'll be my first time in one of those cabins (I normally do balcony cabins) and, I'm curious to see what they're like. Also, it'll be my first time on Grandeur of the Seas though I did get to sail on her sister ship Splendour of the Seas last November on 2 great cruises to the Greek Islands.

After the re-positioning cruise, I'll be doing a follow on cruise on Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda. That cruise will be interesting as that'll be the first cruise I'll ever done where the ship overnights at a port. Also, it'll be my first visit to Bermuda.

Both cruises should be a lot of fun plus, it'll be very convenient finishing in Baltimore. I won't have to worry about the weight of my suit case and, I'll only have to pay $35 for a shuttle to take me to the Extended Stay Hotel in Jessup, Maryland where I'll be staying again for at least another 2 months. So far, I've been very pleased with the Extended Stay Hotel. I plan to write on a review on it later on Tripadvisor.com. Stay tuned for my cruise updates. Happy travels all!

No comments: