Thursday, August 02, 2012

Maryland Columbia & Crofton Wegmans Hiring

I signed up for emails from Wegmans which tells me of various promotions. To my surprise, on July 30th, I received one saying they were accepting applications i.e. hiring full time restaurant cooks and various part time positions at its Columbia, Maryland store and, at its future Crofton, Maryland store which will according to the email open in October 2012. While I don't have any interest in working for them (I have all the hours I could want at my post office), I thought this would be worth passing on to my Maryland readers with the job situation out there.

According to the email, Wegmans has been rated as 1 of the top 100 companies to work for the last 15 years. As I don't have any friends nor have I ever worked at Wegmans, I can't say how reliable this ranking is. Also, it claims competitive pay, flexible scheduling and growth i.e. promotion opportunities. In regards to these claims, I have no idea how valid they are.

My only experience with Wegmans is shopping at their Columbia, Maryland store. I've found the store clean, well organized, has good prices and has helpful staff. Shopping wise, I'd heartily recommend them. Work wise, I can't make any recommendation. Still, if you need a job, I think they'd be worth a look. In regards to getting an application, here is the link they gave in their email:

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&identifier=CATEGORY_533&sc_cid=em_FNSA_RecruitmentCrofColu073012&em_uid=31303595

Best of luck to you if you decide to apply.

No comments: