Sunday, February 07, 2010

Snow Update

This is an update to my last post on the heavy snowfall received in Maryland on Friday/Saturday February 5/6,2010. The snow stopped falling in Laurel, Maryland at approximately 4:15 p.m. I know this because I was shoveling out my car around 3:30 p.m. and, I could see the snowfall taper off to where it finally stopped when I went back in my apartment. People started digging their cars out after that.
Where I live, I got mixed luck plowing wise in my apartment complex. To my surprise, the maintenance folks were able to get through and did plow a path through the parking lot. However, they didn't come particularly close to the cars and, everyone had a 3 to 4 foot by 4 foot wide by 2 foot high plus pile of snow to dig out. This didn't include having to dig out pathways on the side of their cars. I got a royal workout digging out my car and helping some others who live in my complex.
I think a lot of people should be able to make it to work tomorrow. However, we aren't over the hump yet. The latest National Weather Service weather forecast (http://weather.gov) is predicting an 80 percent chance of snow/sleet Tuesday night and a 70 percent chance of snow Wednesday. Stay tuned for more updates. Cheers all!

No comments: