Friday, February 05, 2010

Snow Forecast

I'm not looking forward to work today. The reason for that is the weather forecast. Beginning around 10 a.m., snow is supposed to start falling and continue till possibly Noon tomorrow. It's forecasted that the area where I live could get between 17 and 27 inches of snow. This could easily become the worst snowfall I've seen here since I moved here in 2001. That much snow for this area (Maryland) would make a royal mess of things. Road crews typically don't start plowing the main roads till it stops snowing. Also, the apartment complex where I live have their maintenance people plow the parking lots. This is dependent on them being able to get in. If we get as much snow as forecasted, they won't be able to get in till late Saturday at the earliest. Also, where are they going to put all that snow? It promises to be a massive mess.
AND, things could get worse. I've heard they're forecasting we'll get hit with even more of the white stuff around Wednesday of next week. This is shaping up to be one of the worst winters in some in Maryland. Stay tuned for more updates as the weather progresses. Cheers all!

No comments: