Monday, December 28, 2009

Riding

Yesterday, I got to go riding on my TMAX for the first time in over a week. Thanks to it warming up and raining Saturday, a lot of the snow and ice we got slammed with 2 Saturdays ago had melted. It was nice to get back on the road and ride the bike. It continues to impress me with its acceleration and power. It has no problem doing 80 or 85 mph. I rode by Baltimore Washington International Airport. I have the travel itch real bad and, I wanted to see some airplanes. Sadly, it's still over 150 days before I get to go on my future Globus Ireland tour. After that tour, as long as I don't buy anything major, I should be able to do 2 tours in 2011. That would be seriously awesome.

After checking out the airport, I rode home. Later, I spoke with my friend Harvey. He has the travel itch as bad as I do and like me, he can't afford to do any major travelling either. I hope to ride down to Richmond once things get slower at the post office where I work and show him my TMAX. The ride to Richmond is about 130 miles and should take about 2 hours and 15 minutes. It'll be my longest ride. It should be interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the ride soon. Even a ride down to Richmond would make me feel like I got away from here for a little bit. We'll see. Cheers all!

No comments: