Thursday, December 03, 2009

Disgusted

Almost 2 weeks ago, we had a sub throw away mail. If there is anything you can't do at the Postal Service, that should've been it. The sub should've been fired. Did the sub get fired? Nope! The sub got a 2 week suspension without pay. I couldn't believe it. I told my boss you can get away with anything at the Post Office. My boss mumbled that if the sub messes up again, the sub will face even greater punishment and, this was the sub's first offense. This should've been the sub's first and LAST offense considering what the sub did. As far as greater punishment, big whoop! We've got a sub that has walked off the job 3 TIMES and, the sub is still there! We've got other subs that have been giving lines for months about childcare and, they're still getting away with it. I'm totally disgusted at this point. I feel like a total schmuck for trying to doing a good job and going the extra mile. I'm definitely not going to go the extra mile anymore. It isn't worth it. And, I'm not going to take anymore bumps after doing a route. That'll probably get me cut to 1 day a week. Fine! At least, I won't be the SCHMUCK who is out there at 7:30 in the evening delivering mail. They can find another dummy to do it. Plus, after every thing I've seen, I'm not terribly worried about getting fired. That seems next to impossible to do. Cheers all!

No comments: