Sunday, October 11, 2009

Resume French Lessons

In late February, I stopped my French lessons with my French teacher Nadya. In less than a week, I was going to take a 12 day tour of Egypt. I didn't realize it but, those would be my last lessons for over 7 MONTHS. Due to work, travels and my teacher's trip back to Europe, we wouldn't resume them until today. While I did get a little bit of practice speaking French in Quebec City, Canada, I was still VERY rusty. Also, I ran into my ages old problem of vocabulary. I still don't know enough words in French. I could think of something to say in English and then, I struggled to figure out how I would say it in French. Thankfully, I brought a French-English dictionary to class with me as well as a French verb book that covers over 500 French verbs.

Overall, the lesson went well enough considering I haven't studied in 7 MONTHS. My teacher wouldn't be my teacher unless she assigned me homework (les devoir). I plan to slog away at that tomorrow. Luckily, it wasn't that much though it'll still be a slog doing it. We'll see how bad she tears up my sentences. She can be a tough teacher. Salut!

No comments: