Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Step-Mom's Birthday

Today is my belated step-mother's birthday. Her birthday was always 1 day before mine. Her death still saddens me. I wish she had started the cancer treatment sooner so she might've beat it again. I wonder if she was tired of fighting it. It was her third bout with it and fighting it that much had to take its toll. I miss her. She was a good woman and though we had our moments, we had some good times together too. I'll never forget doing the Lord of the Rings film festival with her. I wish she could've come along on the Egypt tour I did in March. We had talked about it. I think she would've enjoyed it. I wish I could've given her the things I bought for her on my September 2008 France tour. I had no idea she was in such a bad way. I am glad she isn't suffering anymore. I know fighting the cancer took its toll. The last time I spoke with her, she sounded really weak and, she wasn't up to a long chat like we usually did. I'm grateful to her for the annuity she left me. I had no idea she had planned that. I was glad just to be her son and to know her. So, Happy Birthday Mom. I'm sorry you are gone but, I know you're happy to be reunited in heaven with Grampa Hank and Grama Henry and others you loved. Know that you are missed and remembered.

No comments: