Sunday, June 22, 2008

Safety Meeting

Last Thursday, I attended my first safety meeting at the Post Office where I work. I volunteered to serve as the safety representative for the rural routes. I was nervous as this was the first time I'd ever served in some kind of official function at the Post Office. The meeting went well and we covered a number of topics. Before the meeting, 2 carriers had brought up items of concern to them to me. I'd promised I'd bring them up at the meeting and I did. Afterwards, I let 1 of the carriers know what had been decided (the other carrier was at the meeting).
My Postmaster wants those of us on the committee to be proactive i.e. don't just bring problems, also bring solutions and if you can solve them before the next meeting. I took him for his word and I'm working on a solution to another safety issue that was brought to my attention. The job of safety representative promises to be a challenging one.

No comments: