Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Retraction

Yesterday, I posted a blog entry about Starbucks not supporting our troops. As a retired member of the Air Force, I was very incensed about them not supporting those who are putting their lives on the line for us. My source for the blog was an email from a trusted friend. It turns out my friend was wrong. Jim at Serotoninrain sent me a website (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp) that proves that the story is totally false. Many thanks to Jim. Also, my apologies to Starbucks. I trusted that my friend would be accurate on this and she wasn't. Due to the seriousness of the rumor, I've deleted the original blog entry. For the record, numerous Starbucks employees have sent their free weekly coffee allotment to our troops serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. Many kudos to them as well.

No comments: