Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Purpose of this Blog

Recently, Jim on Serotoninrain brought up the possibility of making a donation to him via his blog. To me, that opened a huge can of worms because I think it changes the nature of his blog. It becomes more of possible money making enterprise vice putting something out there as expression of yourself and that you hope someone else might enjoy. It also caused me to look at my own blog and why I do it.
First and foremost, this blog is for my own enjoyment. I post whatever I feel like posting. Sometimes, I've used it to vent and sometimes, I've tried to be creative by posting what I hope are nice photos of places I've been to. At times, I try to make it useful to whoever might read it. I'll post reviews on products, music, movies or places. I don't claim to be an expert on anything and considering what my blog costs you (zip), you shouldn't expect some great product or service. What you do with the information I provide is your business and you take the information at your own risk. I do try to be accurate and state sources when I use information from other places. If any readers of this blog see something that is wrong, I would greatly appreciate a remark letting me know so I can correct it. Jim did that recently with the post I published on Starbucks. I was grateful for the correction. I do reserve the right to moderate remarks. I won't allow any remarks that in my opinion advertise some kind of service. My blog is not in any way a commercial enterprise and won't be used for that. There is a small advertisement beneath my counter on my blog. In order to use the counter for free, I had to agree to that advertisment. You can blow that advertisement off if you wish. I definitely don't push that product or any product for that matter.
Second, I hope this blog is entertaining or useful to you the reader. While I enjoy posting stuff on this blog, I find it more enjoyable when I find that people out there actually read what I post and enjoy it or find it useful. I won't promise this blog will always be entertaining or useful to you because each of you have your own ideas on what is entertaining or useful. It's impossible for me to meet the ideas of each reader. Plus, some days, I'm bound to write a stinker of a blog entry. We all have our bad days.
That summarizes my thoughts on this blog and it's purpose. I would encourage you the reader to post your remarks as long as their civil. I like hearing from readers of this blog. Cheers all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! The suggestion that I was considering putting a tipping mechanism on my blog was unintentional. I've never considered it and probably never will. I was merely asking those who do have a tip jar if it works. Their silence so far is probably telling me all I need to know.