Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow

We got a bit of snow in Maryland last night. When I awoke (probably around 5 a.m.), the power was out and everything outside was covered in the white stuff. I got dressed, went outside, dug in the snow, and guesstimated that we received between 5 and 6 inches of snow. Later, I dug my car out and cleared away the snow around Tami's parent's car. Around noon, the power came back on thankfully. According to Baltimore Gas & Electric's website, over 56,000 people in Anne Arundel county were at one point without power. I can only guess that a major power line went down some where. Right now, it looks very pretty outside. Who knows how long it'll last though. It can be freezing one week in Maryland and in the 60's two weeks later. Hopefully, this will be winter's last hurrah. If that is the case, I'll count my blessings as I think we've had a very mild winter this year.

No comments: