Thursday, February 28, 2013

Columbia Wegmans Coke Freestyle Machines

I first heard about Coca Cola's (Coke) freestyle soda machines via Royal Caribbean. The Royal Caribbean cruise line is slowly deploying the machines on their cruise ships. Sadly, I haven't been on 1 of the ships that have the machines. I remembered that the Columbia, Maryland Wegmans grocery store has 1 of the machines (they actually have 3 as I found out later), I decided to go there and try their machine out.

I found the machine very simple to use. You put your glass in the machine. You touch the screen. You press for ice in your glass then choose what soda you want. The machines offer an astounding 125 different Coke products, some of which you won't find on your supermarket shelves. For example, I decided to try Vanilla Barq's Root Beer to see what it's like. The machines I suspect are a huge plus for places that carry them as they cut down on the amount of inventory the store or in Royal Caribbean's case ships have to carry. Also, since they're very simple to use, customers can use them themselves freeing up staff to do other tasks. At Wegmans, all they had to do was collect my $1.69 plus tax and give me a glass to put my soda in.

I really liked the Coke freestyle machines and, I look forward to using them again at Wegmans. I can't wait to get to use them on Royal Caribbean's ships. The machines will offer cruisers a greater choice of sodas and more convenience. Happy Drinking All!

No comments: