Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lantz Restaurant

1 of the businesses I've wanted to try out at the Laurel, Maryland Pennsylvania Dutch Market is the Lantz Restaurant. It's 1 of 4 eateries in the market (5 if you count Stoltzfus Bakery). The restaurant's decor isn't anything to get excited about and, it's real charm is the Amish who work there. The lady who worked the cash register and took orders for take out was incredibly sweet. The restaurant offers dining in and take out. I decided to do take out as I didn't feel like hanging around after a LONG day at work.

I'm particularly partial to Reuben sandwiches and, I checked the restaurant's menu to see if they offered 1. They do for $5.69 (I believe) and offer a side of fries for $1.79. I thought the prices reasonable. However, I wasn't wowed with the food. The fries were limp though adequate portion wise. The sandwich was decent but nothing to go out of your way for.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with food at Lantz Restaurant. I do hope to try some of their other items and see if they're better. The restaurant prides itself on its Lancaster County recipes and, the fact there aren't any preservatives in a number of its items (Per the restaurant webpage on the market website http://www.burtonsvilledutchmarket.com/default.asp). Stay tuned for another review on this restaurant at a later date.

No comments: