Saturday, January 12, 2008

Laurel Tavern Update

I managed to finish Montpelier Rural Route 2 before 5 p.m. When I drove up Fetty's Alley, I passed the Laurel Tavern. I saw they were still open. After I turned in all my accountables, the outgoing mail I collected, my scanner, cleaned my mail case and clocked out, I decided to see if the tavern will still open. To my surprise, they've changed their hours. They are now open Monday to Saturday till 7 p.m. I suspect someone there figured out that they weren't going to sell a lot of burgers if they closed at 5 p.m. Anyway, I bought their sack of 9 burgers this time. This is the best deal they offer on their mini-burgers. You get 9 of them for $7.99. That breaks out to almost 89 cents (88.7 cents if you want to get technical about it) a burger. That isn't a great deal considering you can get a double cheeseburger at McDonald's for just 11 cents more. Still, the place is convenient for me as it's just down the alley from the Post Office. Plus, they do have nice people. I suspect they're feeling their way as far as business. I hope things work out for them. Cheers all!

No comments: