Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frustration

As I've mentioned in a couple previous blog entries, I like to get together with a fellow rural mail carrier sub called Bernadette. However, things can get pretty frustrating because of her other job at the Wheaton J.C. Penneys. Today is a prime example. I found out that she doesn't have to work today at Penneys. Since its Sunday, she doesn't have to work at the Post Office either. Great day to take her to the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore. I've been wanting to do that for a while. It turned out Penneys struck again. It seems that Penneys wants her to work at 5 a.m. tomorrow. The only way she could do that was get a ride down to a friends house either Saturday evening or Sunday at stay there overnight which she did. If I want to take her to the Hard Rock Cafe today, I have to drive an hour down to Wheaton to pick her up, drive another 90 minutes to the Inner Harbor so we can have lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, drive another 90 minutes to take her back to Wheaton so she can work at Penneys tomorrow and drive another hour so I can get home. We're talking 4 and 1/2 hours of driving just so I could have lunch and see a little of the Inner Harbor with her. Aaargh! Sadly, I had to scrub the idea. It just wasn't worth all the hassle. So, I'll have to go to the Inner Harbor by myself which will suck. :-( Very frustrating.

No comments: