Sunday, November 04, 2007

Toby's Dinner Theater

I decided to subscribe to Toby's 2008 season. It's the first time I've ever done so. They have some nice shows. Sound of Music will play till February 15th. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will play from February 21st to June 8th. All Shook Up which I've never seen will play from June 12th to August 24th. The Producers will play from August 28th to November 23rd. Forever Plaid will play from November 27th to December 31st. The 2008 season finishes with Mid-Life - The Crisis Musical.
The Sound of Music was the first show I ever saw in London. I remember Petula Clark starred in it. I think it helped hook me on live theater. I couldn't get over that the people were really up there on the stage vice a movie screen. I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in London too. I was really impressed with it. It has some great jokes and some very nice songs. The Producers was the first show I ever saw on Broadway. I had some qualms about making jokes about the Nazis. To my, the Nazis and what they did was nothing to joke about. It remains one of the sorriest periods in world history in my opinion.
The price of the ticket also includes a buffet dinner. I've been to Toby's twice and I was impressed with the food. It is good and they give you plenty of chances to get your fill.
I look forward to going to Toby's. If the subscription works out well, I may make a regular thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm spending a week near Washington D.C. this June on a trip for teens hosted by 4-H. On "heritage night" we are going to Toby's to see "All Shook Up". I was ecstatic to hear this as I am an avid Elvis fan! My dad even told me he doesn't mind my liking Elvis because he knows that he is dead and I won't be running off to see him like girls did back when he was alive.

Ditto said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the comment. Concerning "All Shook Up," it should be good. I'll be curious to see if they have the same guy that played Pharoah in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. He was really good. You should enjoy Toby's too. It's a nice place.

gogo2325 said...

I am a cast member of All Shook Up and I am enjoying your blog.

Have you come to see us yet?

regards,

DC

Ditto said...

Hi Gogo2325,

Thanks for the compliment on my blog. I'm glad you enjoy what I post.

Concerning the show "All Shook Up," I haven't seen it yet BUT, I will be seeing it in early July. I told some friends about Toby's and I got them sufficiently interested to where they agreed to go as my guests. I know I'll enjoy a great meal and see a great show so, I'm really looking forward to it. Stay tuned for a review on the show.