Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Accident

Monday, the primary mail carrier on Montpelier Rural Route 2 fell and fractured her left wrist. As I'm her primary substitute, I got the call that I'll be covering her route for her for 4 days every week while she is out. I would work 6 days a week but, the Post Office doesn't like paying overtime. There is another sub who knows the route and, she'll cover the route the other 2 days. For me, it guarantees I'll hit 40 hours every week. That's nice but, I wish there was some other way I could get my 40 hours. The primary carrier is a really nice lady. I was very saddened when I heard about the accident. Next week, she's supposed to have surgery on the wrist. I hope it goes well and she heals up quickly. I plan to keep her in my prayers.

No comments: