Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Mystery

It's possible thieves broke into various mailboxes where I live. Today, when I returned home from various errands, I noticed that all the mailboxes for the apartment building I live in were unlocked. I thought this very strange and called my friend Clinton who happens to be the mail carrier where I live. When Clinton arrived at the complex where I live, he found more mail boxes unlocked. As far as we can tell, someone between last night and this afternoon pried open the boxes. The apartment complex where I live has had several break-ins. Apparently, the thieves decided to go through and steal people's mail. There are any number of things they could steal through the mail like people's credit card numbers and social security checks. One annoying thing about the matter is that the apartment manager's office apparently didn't bother to call the Post Office so they could send someone to re-lock the boxes. My friend Clinton is going to hold on to any important mail for me. I don't want anything stolen like my retirement check or credit card bills.

No comments: