Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pasta Nostra Restaurant Review

I've been wanting to try out the restaurant Pasta Nostra for a while. It's located in Laurel and, it sounded like a decent restaurant. Pasta Nostra is located just off Van Dusen Road at the Laurel Park Shopping Center across the street from the Laurel Regional Hospital. It serves Italian food including pizzas and calzones. The restaurant is a bit different in that in you walk up to the counter, place and pay for your order, they give you a number and then, you find a seat and wait for your food. There aren't any waitresses. or assigned seating.

Food wise, I tried their fried calimari, salmon imperial and profiteroles. Their fried calimari was approximately $7. They gave a decent serving and, I thought it was good calimari. They didn't give any pieces that were rubbery i.e. impossible to eat and they gave a reasonable portion of marinara sauce. The salmon was nice and included a small portion of pasta topped with crab meat. I thought the salmon good but the portion seemed small. The salmon cost approximately $11. The profiteroles which are cream puffs covered with chocolate sauce/pudding and chocolate powder were good. You received three cream puffs with plenty of chocolate sauce. The profiteroles cost approximately $6.

All totalled, I spent under $30 for lunch. I thought the food was decent. The decor of the restaurant isn't anything special. Service was good and courteous. Overall, I'd say Pasta Nostra is a decent restaurant though not one I'd go out of my way to try. Location wise, it isn't very easy to get to unless you're travelling on Interstate-95 in which case you take the MD-198 exit for Laurel, turn right at Van Dusen and look for the center on your left. There is plenty of parking. Bon Appetit!

Update: This restaurant has either closed or changed its name to Bella which is operating in its location. I don't know when Pasta Nostra closed.

No comments: