Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Arundel Mills Chipotle

Yesterday, I had to stop by my credit union in Arundel Mills to get some cash. Between the movie "The Queen" and playing arcade games at Dave and Busters, I'd just about cleaned out my wallet. Right next to my credit union is a Chipotle's restaurant. I decided to get a couple of their burritos to go.

The restaurant itself was tastefully decorated and offered a decent number of tables. The restaurant doesn't offer any table service. Everyone has to go up to the counter to place their order and have their food prepared. Chipotle's menu is very standardized. They offer regular burritos, fajita burritos (where they replace the fried beans with grilled peppers and onions), either of their two burritos in a bowl vice a wrap, tacos and salads. You get to choose between chicken, steak, pork, shredded beef and vegetarian for the meat or meatless portion of your food. They offer three levels of salsa: mild, medium and hot. Lastly, you can order chips and salsa or chips and guacamole, bottled water, a soda, a beer or a margarita.

Price wise, Chipotle's aims for around $5 for their burritos which I found very reasonable for what you get. I ordered two steak fajita burritos. They cost me $5.85 a piece. Unlike Taco Bell, each one of the burritos was virtually a meal in itself. With a side order of chips and something to drink, you had a full filling meal. I was also very impressed with the ingredients. All of them seemed to be of the finest quality and both of the burritos I had were very tasty.

Due to the standardized menu, wait time for the food was minimal. There were two people ahead of me in line and yet I had my food within 10 minutes. Service at the counter was courteous and prompt.
Overall, I was very impressed with Chipotle's. The food was very good, reasonably priced and was served very quickly. They are a nice place if you want to dine in or if you want to grab something on the go. If you want some very good quality Mexican food, you should definitely give them a try.

Disclaimer: As with previous restaurant reviews, I didn't receive any kind of remuneration for this blog. All opinions expressed are my own. I'm not any kind of dining expert or gourmet for what that's worth. I just know when I've had a nice dining experience and when I haven't. Hopefully, you the reader will find this blog useful. Cheers!

No comments: