Monday, February 19, 2007

Dave and Busters

After I saw the movie "The Queen," I drove out to Arundel Mills Mall to play some arcade games at Dave and Busters. Dave and Busters are a chain on arcade/restaurants where you can play various arcade games and have something to eat or drink. They also offer large screen tvs where you can watch various sports events.
In regards to the arcade games, They have a large variety of them so there is something for everyone. If you want to play skeeball, shoot basketball hoops, shoot at targets or drive a simulated race car, they can accomodate you. In my case, I heard they had a trivia game where you can compete against as many as 5 other people. The higher number of people that compete, the higher the number of bonus tickets you can win. The disadvantage of competing against 5 other people is that only the top 3 win tickets. The bottom 3 get zip! I found it fun competing against others and trying to win the maximum number of tickets. The tickets enable you to win various prizes. Some of the prizes are very nice and some are very cheap. I suspect it would be cheaper to buy one of the prizes vice what it would cost you in playing the various arcade games and trying to win enough tickets. Yet, I think buying the item wouldn't be as much fun as winning it.
Overall, I found the arcades to be a lot of fun at Dave and Busters though it is very easy to spend some serious money playing the games. I would definitely watch what you spend there if you take kids there. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. They do check IDs as I found out personally to my surprise. In regards to the food and drink they offer there, I haven't eaten or drank anything there since the place was known as "Jillians." I can't make any kind of recommendation as far as their food and drink. I have no idea if they offer good value in regards to their food or beverages. Perhaps in time, I'll try them out in that regard and then post something on this blog about that.

No comments: