Sunday, December 11, 2005

Book Review

I finally finished a book I'd started months ago. The book is "No Phule Like An Old Phule" by Robert Asprin with Peter J. Heck. It is the fifth in the Phule series. For those of you who may not know about the series, what it basically is about is the comedic adventures and misadventures of Willard Phule, heir to the Phule Industries fortune, and his command of the biggest bunch of misfits and outcasts in the Space Legion. The series at times can be quite funny. This one was all right. Why do I think it was just all right? I guess because the gags just didn't leave me rolling laughing. Asprin can do a lot better and this was not one of his better works. That is why I rate the book as fair. If you are a fan of the Phule series, you'll still want to check it out.
A little information on Robert Asprin. Robert Asprin has also worked on the Thieves World books and Myth adventure books. I've never read any of the Thieves World book but I have read some of the Myth books and enjoyed them. I would recommend you check out some of the Myth books if you like fantasy comedy books.

No comments: