Monday, June 16, 2014

Photos of Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas


Photos of Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas

In January/February 2015, I'll be treating my totally awesome Aunt Marge and her husband Uncle Dave to their first 2 cruises. I decided that an easy introduction to cruising would be to take them on back-to-back cruises on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas. The ship isn't overwhelming though ironically at one time, it was the largest cruise ship in the world which shows you how much cruising has changed. Also, the itinerary for both cruises are light and easy. The first cruise in 3 nights and takes in Coco Cay (Royal Caribbean's private island resort), Bahamas and Nassau, Bahamas. The second cruise is 4 nights, includes both Coco Cay and Nassau and makes port at Key West, Florida.

As I'd like to show my Aunt Marge what to expect, I'll be posting pictures I took during these same 2 cruises which I did last September. For those that are interested, I did blog a report on what I saw on those cruises. It's located here: ronw.blogspot.com/2013/09/majesty-of-seas-cruises-review.html

For this blog entry, I've posted 2 photos I took of the ship we'll be sailing on. The first is a shot from the beach at Coco Cay of the ship at anchor. At Coco Cay, all visitors have be tendered i.e. taken to the island in smaller boats as the ship is way too big for the island's small bay. The second photo is a closer shot taken at Key West, Florida from the U.S. Coast Guard station there. It's not very good in my opinion but, it was the best I could do from the location while trying to get the WHOLE ship in the photo.

No comments: