Sunday, January 05, 2014

Arundel Mills Boulevard McDonald's Wi-Fi Review

As my readers know, I was a bit irked when I found out the Wi-Fi at the Benson Drive McDonald's in Columbia, Maryland was down. I really wanted to try McDonald's free Wi-Fi and see if it's any good. So, today, I made a visit to the McDonald's at 7053 Arundel Mills Boulevard in Hanover, Maryland just to try out their Wi-Fi.

I didn't see any markings on the building saying anything about Wi-Fi at this McDonald's. Maybe, they assume people will know about it. After I placed my order at the counter, I found a seat and turned on my Nook e-reader. I found this McDonald's uses AT&T Corp (ATT) for its Wi-Fi service (just like Starbucks). I  don't know if that's true throughout the entire United States. The ATT Wi-Fi signal came in strong and, I had no problems getting an Internet Protocol (IP) address. When I clicked on a browser window, McDonald's page came up where I had to agree to their conditions as far using their Wi-Fi service. Once passed that, I was free to check my emails and surf the web.

I found the connection speed plenty fast though I can't post any numbers as far as bytes per second. I didn't do any extensive testing but, McDonald's free Wi-Fi should be fast enough for those doing normal surfing and checking of emails.

Overall, I was very pleased with McDonald's free Wi-Fi. I would definitely recommend it. Plus, according to their website, it is available in over 11,000 McDonald's restaurants. I'll definitely be putting McDonald's on my list of places to try when I want to use Wi-Fi to surf the web. Happy web surfing all!

No comments: