Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wegmans Pepper Jack Cheese

Once every 2 months, I receive coupons from Wegmans that get me either $3 off a $15 purchase or $5 off a $25 purchase. They'll also include coupons where you can get $1 off a $5 purchase in either the dairy, bulk section or frozen section. I decided to use the dairy coupon. I looked for something to try besides milk. I found Wegmans offers 12 ounce, 16 slice packages of Pepper Jack cheese. They use 2% milk in the cheese which presumably reduces the fat in it though it still has 25 fat calories per slice and 50 calories overall. They state the cheese is medium spicy though I found it to be low spicy in my opinion. The 12 ounce packages cost $2.99 at their Columbia, Maryland store.

Overall, I wasn't really impressed with their Pepper Jack cheese. The biggest advantage I found to it was it comes in individually wrapped slices which makes ideal for adding on sandwiches. Otherwise, I think there is better Pepper Jack cheese out there. I don't know how it stacks up price wise compared to other brands. I plan on buying a bulk kind of Pepper Jack I've bought before and see how it stacks up price wise. Stay tuned on this.

No comments: