Sunday, November 17, 2013

Creative Snacks Company Green Bean Chips

While shopping at the Columbia, Maryland Wegmans, if I see something that catches my eye, I'm prone to seeing what it is and if I like it, I'll try it. Such was the case with Creative Snacks Company's Green Bean Chips. The chips are actually green beans that have been cooked in canola oil. They come in a 5.25 ounce plastic bowl container and sell for $5.99. As far as snacks go, the $5.99 price makes them a bit pricey. Plus, while I suspect the chips are a lot better for you than potato or corn chips, I doubt kids are going to be very enthusiastic about eating them.

Calorie wise, the chips come in at 130 calories for a 1 cup serving. Each bowl container holds 5 servings. A serving contains 3 grams of fat with no saturated or trans fats. They also contain 3 grams of fiber which is always a good thing.

The chips have a good shelf life. I bought the ones I sampled this month and according to the container, they'll stay good till mid April 2014 i.e. 5 months.

Overall, I think they're a decent and nutritious snack though pricey. They don't have any noticeable flavor to them. They're not something I would go rushing out to buy. I don't know how widely available this product is. Bon appetit all!

No comments: