Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Sam's Club Generic Propecia

Today, I bought Sam's Club's generic Propecia for the first time. The reason I did it was for 1 reason - price. If you have a Sam's Club Advantage Plus membership, you can get a great deal on the drug. I was able to buy a 3 month supply of generic propecia for $103.57 That's over $47 cheaper than the generic Propecia at Costco. The savings is such that with 1 filling of the prescription, you can nearly pay for the increased cost of the Advantage Plus membership versus the regular Advantage membership. For a long time, I held off upgrading but, the money advantage concerning their generic Propecia was too much to pass up.

As to who makes Sam's Club generic Propecia, I couldn't find out from the literature included with my prescription who the manufacturer is. The pills look exactly the same at the ones I bought from Costco who are put out by Dr. Reddy's Lab and, I believe are made in Israel.

In regards to its effectiveness, I can't tell you that at this time as I haven't started taking it yet. However, if it works like the Costco generic Propecia, it should work fine. I've been taking that for nearly 9 months now and, I haven't noticed any difference between the generic and the name brand in effectiveness.

One important note about Sam's Club. If you have the regular Advantage membership like I did. You'll pay more for the generic Propecia at Sam's Club than you will at Costco. That was one thing that confounded me a bit. Between the 2 regular memberships, Costco offers the better price with a $20 advantage. It's when you have the Advantage Plus membership with its higher price that you get the better savings at Sam's Club. I confess I'm not thrilled about paying Sam's Club $100 a year for my Advantage Plus membership but, in this case, the savings are such they'll pay for the higher cost membership in no time.

For those men who take Propecia, you might want to look into the advantages of Sam's Club's generic Propecia. It could save you a LOT of money over the years.

FYI, I don't work for Sam's Club and, I'm not 1 of their biggest fans either. I have memberships at Sam's Club and Costco, both of which I pay for out of my own pocket just like other people out there. I find each club has its advantages. I'm aware of another club called BJ's but, I only shopped there once years ago and don't have any idea how they compare with Sam's Club or Costco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate - I agree the generic Propecia brands are still as effective (giving the 1mg Finasteride active ingredient).

I have been buying from www.propecianow.in who sell the Dr Reddy's Finax brand for $182 for a years supply and they ship globally (free shipping), well worth checking out. Here is a video of a package being opened in Australia ordered online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lCuRCTGbcQ

Cheers,
Adam

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a new generic now at Sams Club and last week (March, 2015) I bought a 90-day supply for just $12 (down from $122) with a Sams Club Plus membership.

This is the first time I'm using a Propecia generic, will know its effectiveness in a few months.

Name of the Company marketing/manufacturing the generic:
Camber Pharmaceuticals
Piscataway, NJ

Made by:
Hetero Labs Limited
Hyderabad, India.

Anonymous said...


At the following links it says Plus members can receive five select prescriptions for free **:

http://resources.samsclub.com/health-and-wellness/pharmacy-and-health/Extra-Value-Drug-List.aspx

http://resources.samsclub.com/MediaICN/2013/HealthyLiving/English_V2.pdf

** Free medications are not available in the following states: CA, GA, HI, MA, MD, ME, MN, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, VT, and WI.