Monday, June 24, 2013

Ship Insignia Drawings

I promised in an earlier blog I would post the pictures I took of the area where they painted the insignia of warships that made port in Bermuda. Here are the pictures with some commentary.

 
 
This was the longest stretch that was covered with ship insignias. It was interesting to see the ship's names, where they were from and when they were in Bermuda. The majority of the ships were from Great Britain (no surprise there) but, there were ships from other countries.
 
 
 


I believe the ship insignia F-458 was from Greece. I remember seeing another ship insignia that was of a United State submarine. The last picture (below) shows the insignia off HMS Trafalgar which I suspect was the name for the base based on the dates i.e. 1805 to 2005.
 
 
I thought this bit of tradition pretty neat. Next, I'll post some pictures of the Dockyard where Grandeur of the Seas tied up at. Stay tuned!
 

No comments: