Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Jamaican Style Spicy Beef Patties

One food item I've bought a number of times at Sam's Club is Caribbean Food Delights Jamaican Style Spicy Beef Patties. To folks in the U.S., a pattie is a hamburger. These patties aren't hamburgers. These are basically Jamaican style beef turnovers. They're spiced beef stuffed in a corn meal type shell. Caribbean Food Delights fully bakes the turnovers so all the consumer has to do is heat them up and serve them. I have a 1300 watt microwave and, I can heat 2 of the turnovers at the same time in 2 and 1/2 minutes. I don't know how authentic the turnovers are but, they are tasty and convenient. Concerning the spices that are used in the turnovers, I personally haven't found them that hot. They're definitely not on par with Mexican food I've had. The only drawback I see with the turnovers is you must keep them frozen until you're ready to heat them up. Price wise, a box of 10 individually wrapped turnovers will cost you $10.99 (price quoted is good as of the time of this post for the Laurel, Maryland Sam's Club).

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this product. They're easy to prepare, not exorbitantly expensive and keep to keep as long as you have a freezer of some time. If you like Caribbean food, you might want to try this product. Bon Appetit!

No comments: