Saturday, April 07, 2012

Washington D.C. Jordanian Embassy


I drove down to Washington D.C. today to find the Jordanian embassy. Once I get within a month of the Globus tour I'll be taking to Israel and Jordan, I plan to visit the embassy so I can buy a 1 entry visa. Visiting the embassy will save me half of what it would cost me to use a professional service to get the visa plus, I'll be able to keep my passport in my possession barring when I have to turn it over to Jordanian embassy officials.


For those who haven't been to Jordan's Washington D.C. embassy, it isn't that hard to get to barring driving through Washington D.C. From the Capital Beltway (495), you take exit 33 to Connecticut Avenue. You head toward Washington D.C. on Connecticut Avenue. You'll go through 1 roundabout where you take the 4th exit which keeps you on Connecticut Avenue. You'll take a right on Van Ness St NW. You go a maximum of half a block and turn left on to International Drive NW. The Jordanian embassy is located at 3504 International Drive NW.


I wasn't able to determine how the parking was around the embassy. I plan to ride my TMAX motorbike so hopefully, it won't be a problem. For those who might be concerned about being able to park their car, an alternative plan is to take the Washington D.C. Metro (subway) system to the Van Ness stop and walk to the embassy.


According to the embassy's webpage (http://www.jordanembassyus.org/new/index.shtml), the consular office is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It's the embassy's consular office that handles visas. The form U.S. citizens need to fill out to get a visa can be found on their website. You'll take the form along with a money order for $37 (for 1 entry visa, multiple entry visas are higher) and a passport photo. Also, you'll need to take an pre-address Express Mail envelope that the embassy will mail you back your passport with your visa inside. The embassy website states that it can take up to 5 business days for a visa to be approved. Single entry visas can only be approved within 1 month of travel to Jordan.

No comments: