Sunday, April 04, 2010

Personal News Update

When I spoke with my friend Harvey recently, he pointed out to me that I haven't been blogging very much. The reason for that is very simple, there hasn't been much to tell. I've been working my ass off at the post office where I work. I haven't had time for much else barring an occasional ride on my TMAX super scooter. Work continues to be big time messed up due to our lack of manning. My boss is still trying to get by using subs from other post offices. Sometimes it works out and, sometimes it most definitely doesn't. When it doesn't, the crap really hits the fan. My boss is trying to fix the situation but, it takes a long time for the post office to hire new people. In my case, it took over 4 months from the time I took rural carrier associate test till I showed up at my assigned post office. All the work has helped me earn some awesome paychecks but, it has also left me very tired and stressed. Because of work, I can't wait to go on my future trip to Ireland (less than 60 days away now). I bought a Rick Steve's DVD that covers Ireland and Scotland. I've watched the 4 episodes he did on Ireland and, it looks really beautiful over there. I tried some Guinness and Smithwick's ale to get in the spirit for the trip. I didn't care for the Guinness and, I thought the Smithwick's was all right. Concerning the trip, I have to try very hard to be patient. It isn't easy with all the crap at work. I continue to enjoy my TMAX super scooter. It gets very good gas milage, has excellent acceleration and is very easy to ride. There isn't anyway I'd switch to a motorcycle. I very much like not having to change gears. It's one less major thing to worry about when I'm out riding. I do wish the seat were more comfortable. After about 90 minutes of constant riding, the seat starts to become a bit uncomfortable. Crosswinds on the bike still scare me a bit. Once I get back from the Ireland trip, I plan to get the touring windshield and wind deflectors for the bike. I hope they'll help with the wind and noise. Dave & Buster's brought back half priced games until the end of April. So far, I've been able to take advantage of that once. I won another 12,000 plus tickets playing Spin & Win. I have over 280,000 tickets now which is pretty cool. That's all to report for now. Cheers all!

No comments: