Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cold

As I mentioned in my last blog entry, I came down with a cold thanks to the weather we've had recently. The weather was very changeable in Maryland which made it easy to catch one. My job as a substitute mail carrier didn't help either as I was out in it a LOT. Then, the weather got consistently cold which made things potentially worse for me. The reason I say that is because once you catch a cold, you are supposed to avoid going outside into the cold and making your cold worse. That's impossible to do as a mail carrier. Due to the Christmas surge, it was impossible for me to take the week off to fight the cold off. I did manage to get my hours reduced which should help me rest and stay indoors. It also makes it possible for me to drink lots of fluids so I can flush the crud out of my system. Right now, I'm coughing up a fair amount of mucus. I've noticed that when I start to dehydrate, the coughing tends to stop which is sort of nice but, that means that I'm keeping that crud in which I don't want. The mucus looks nasty. I want that stuff out of me. One annoying thing about the cold is what has happened to my voice. Because of all the coughing, my throat has gotten torn up a bit so I sound very froggy (gribbit gribbit). Hopefully, I'll kick the cold this week. It would suck to be sick on Christmas. We'll see what happens.

No comments: