Friday, August 31, 2007

Stockholm

I've arrived in Stockholm. Now, I'll fill you in what's been happening since my last post. Globus provided a free dinner for us last night at the hotel. It turned out to be so-so. I found it disappointing after the awesome dinner we had in Arhus, Denmark. We had an early departure so I hit the sack early. To my annoyance, I couldn't get the air conditioning in the room to work right. Because of that, I didn't sleep well.
One good thing about not sleeping well is it makes it easy to get up early. I did and had my bag ready and waiting. Then, I headed to breakfast. It turned out the hotel did a better job on breakfast than it did on dinner. I was pleasantly pleased.
After breakfast, I chilled for a little before boarding our bus. We had a long drive as we had to drive completely across Sweden and then go North. It ended up being a 6 hour trip with a 1 hour stop for lunch. The drive was nice as we got to see the Swedish countryside and some of their numerous lakes. It rained some but that wasn't a problem as we were inside the bus. Finally, we arrived in Stockholm around 3:15 p.m. Ironically, we arrived early and the hotel wasn't ready for all of us. Cleaning ladies were still working on our rooms. As they finished, we received our room assignments.
Tonight, for those of us who signed up for it, we get to do a walking tour of the Old City of Stockholm. After that, we have dinner in a 13th century wine cellar. It should be a nice evening. Stay tuned for further updates. Cheers all!

No comments: