Thursday, July 13, 2006

Music Review - Ottmar Liebert

I first listened to Ottmar Liebert thanks to Windham Hill Music. I think they had him play one of his pieces of music on a sampler of theirs. I very impressed with his ability to play the guitar. Later, I bought some of his CDs and found I had one problem with him, his music is very hispanic which means I can't understand some of the songs he plays. An example would be on his The Best of Ottmar Liebert. Liebert plays a nice sounding version of Mercy Mercy (Robert Plant made this a big hit I believe) but it's in Spanish. Because of that, I couldn't enjoy the song as much. His Best of also has a nice version of The Girl from Ipanema. Other selections on the CD are decent.
Overall, I wasn't wiped out with this CD. It has some decent stuff on it but it isn't one I'm going to listen to a lot. I wouldn't heartily recommend this CD. However, if you're music tastes are more hispanic, you might enjoy it more than I did.

No comments: