Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Blog Introduction

Welcome to who ever reads this. This blog is about what ever is happening with my life at the time of the posting and will be as varied as my life. I tend to stay active and am involved in various activities. I help out at the Washington D.C. Self Help And Resource Exchange (SHARE), www.sharedc.org, I fence (swordfight) at the Salle Palasz in Baltimore, Maryland www.geocities.com/sallepalaszfencing/about.html, I ride horses (English style) at Aspiring Heights Farm in Westminster, Maryland www.aspiringheightsfarm.com/index.htm, and I travel when I can afford it.

Back in July, I traveled to Seattle for the first time so I could see my sister Ellie. We had lunch at the Space Needle, visited the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, did a boat cruise of the locks and harbor, walked around the Pike Place Fish Market, and saw a movie together for the first time since Ellie was a kid. It was an awesome visit. One thing I found very interesting was that Seattle reminded me a lot of Auckland, New Zealand. It has a beautiful harbor like Auckland and isn't far at all from lots of beautiful countryside.

I also got to make my first trip to New York City. I'd wanted to see New York City for years. They have the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Broadway, Times Square, and the United Nations. I had planned to visit back in 1999 but my car at the time, a Plymouth Laser, had other ideas. In late July of this year, I and my good traveling friend Harvey took an Amtrak train to NYC and got to see the sights. It was another awesome trip. We saw all of the above mentioned sites, did a night cruise of the harbor which was very pretty, saw the show "The Producers" which was funny at times, and visited Ground Zero which was very sad. I hope to go back some time before Christmas so I can see the Rockettes perform their annual Christmas show. It's suppose to be spectacular.

I'll close for now. I ask your indulgence concerning this blog as this is the first time I've ever had a blog and so will be learning the ropes. Cheers!