Friday, September 30, 2005

Salton Breadman Machine Review/Lord of the Rings Film Exhibition Information

I got to play baker today. Five months ago, I bought a Salton Breadman Ultimate machine while playing the either the airmile game with Northwest Airlines or the reward points game with Amtrak. I'm not sure which of their malls I used to buy the machine. The machine is a really nice bread machine. You can make 1, 1 1/2, or 2 pound loaves with it. You can also create customized baking cycles with it. Earlier this week, I decided I'd finally try it out. After spending $28 buying ingredients so I could make pumpernickel bread, I decided to make my first loaf of bread with the machine. I broke out the ingredients and managed to get them mixed all right without making too much of a mess. Then, I let the machine do its magic. The loaf of pumpernickel came out really nice. Taste wise, I think the next time I make it, I'm going to cut out the instant coffee granules the recipe called for. I think they added a slightly bitter taste to it I don't like. Interestingly, I found out the only difference between Caraway Rye bread and Pumpernickel is chocolate powder and instant coffee granules. I had no idea that rye and pumpernickel bread were so similar.

On a different note, I made an interesting discovery while checking out the Indiana Museum Lord of the Rings film exhibition film website. For those of you who don't know, on October 6th the doors will open at the Indiana Museum in Indianapolis for the Lord of the Rings film exhibition. This exhibition is traveling around the world and the Indianapolis stop is the last one in the U.S. As I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings books and movies, I hope to go to this exhibition and check it out. While checking out the museum's website for the exhibition, I discovered they have a blog set up for the exhibition. It is: www.indianamuseumlotr.blogspot.com. The same company that helps publish my blog also publishes theirs. I found that after reading their blog, I REALLY wanted to see the exhibition. So read the blog at your own risk, it may cause you to suddenly want to visit Indianapolis. Concerning this exhibition itself, people in the United Cutlery forums I mentioned in my second post said that when the exhibition was in Houston, it was awesome. Tickets for the exhibition are $14. I believe you'll have to pick a time when you plan on entering the museum. I guess their trying to control how many people are in the museum at any one time. If anyone goes to the exhibition before I do, please post a comment to this post and let me know how it was.

2 comments:

  said...

Great to see you blogging here, Ronald, and I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about the exhibition Down Under.

  said...

Hi Ronald: the exhibition did make it down here and it was great! Included some models that were not seen before outside Weta. I trust all is well with you.