Friday, November 17, 2023

Review of Maryland Lottery's Win $100, $200 or $500 Scratch Off Game

On October 23, 2023, Maryland Lottery launched the win $100, $200 or $500 for the second time. I remember this game because I did have some luck with it the first time it came out, The game features just 3 prizes: $100, $200 and $500. Like its previous version, it costs $20 to play. Also, like it previous version, it has some of the worst odds of winning among scratch off games: 1 in 9.14 per a lottery ticket I bought.

On the ticket, it claims to offer 3 times more $100 prizes. I don't know if that's true or not. At the time of this post, there were 348,041 $100 prizes left as well as 142,070 $200 prizes left and 17,338 $500 prizes left. Like the previous version, it has the same $$ instant win symbol. Also, it offers 30 chances to win though that doesn't mean as much as the 1 in 9.14 odds. The game is very like its cheaper $10 version. 

At the time of this post, Maryland Lottery is offering a second chance drawing where you could win $100,000. The lottery is offering multiple drawings on this prize. Unlike the previous version, Maryland Lottery is promoting this game as a holiday game. The ticket has Christmas tree ornaments and streamers on it but, it doesn't have any other connections with the holiday. In that way, it's like its previous version. It's a decent game but, it can be a real gamble. I've played this latest version and, like its previous version, you can get clobbered on this game if you're unlucky. On my thumbs up scale, I'd give it a 1 out of 2. Good luck to you if you decide to take a chance on this game.

Please see my standard disclaimer for any reviews I write and post about various Maryland Lottery games. This disclaimer is valid for this review too. Like all games I post on this blog, I bought the game ticket with my own money and didn't receive any remuneration from Maryland Lottery nor do I have connection with them.

No comments: