Monday, March 16, 2015

Paradise Island Ferry



Here is a promised picture of one the ferry boats I took over to Paradise Island, Bahamas. The ferry was very reasonably priced. It cost $4 each way and took about 10 minutes. They had a booth in the shopping area by the cruise ship terminal exit where you would buy your ticket(s). The boat was located a little further on. They were supposed to run every 30 minutes but, I found they didn't. They ran when they got as many people as they thought they could get.

The ferry would tie up under one of the bridges that like Paradise Island to New Providence. You can see one of the bridge's concrete spans in the first picture. There were a few small shops at the pier.

Coming back, I took the second picture. Ironically, two of the ships in the picture decided to leave at the time my ferry was going back to the cruise ship area. One of the ships actually honked their horn at my ferry warning it off and causing it to turn around and wait for it to pass. This caused me problems with my Aunt Marge. My aunt, uncle, my some time travel friend Harvey and I were supposed to get together around 5:30 p.m. and go to one of our ship's bars for a pre-dinner drink. If my ferry had run on time, I would've made it in time. However, because they didn't stick to the 30 minute schedule and, the delay caused by the two departing cruise ships, I ended being serious late getting back to the ship. As I hadn't told any one of my decision to go to Paradise Island, my aunt was very concerned about my disappearance. I apologized and explained what had happened. I would still recommend these ferries if you want a cheap way to get to Paradise Island from the cruise ship area.

No comments: