Friday, October 10, 2014

Bar Harbor Maine Cruise Ship Pier

Last month, I got to visit Bar Harbor, Maine for the first time while doing a Maine/Canada cruise on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas. Bar Harbor was the only port on this cruise where the ship had to tender us in i.e. take up to port in smaller boats (this is standard for cruise ships as Norwegian Cruise Line's Dawn had to do the same thing while I was there). The reason for this is I believe is because the water is too shallow by the pier.

Concerning the pier, there isn't a cruise ship terminal there like at other places. The town did have 1 policeman nearby but, there weren't any dedicated cruise buildings. Royal Caribbean set up it's own security to check people before they were allowed on a tender which took them to the ship.

The pier does have restaurants which seemed useless to me since the free food on board the ship was fine. One plus in my opinion was the free Wi-Fi at Agamont Park which is right next to the pier. I tested this Wi-Fi and, it worked fine.

No comments: