Sunday, July 13, 2014

Atlantis Resort Photos, Paradise Island, Bahamas








Finished in 1998 by South African hotel magnate Sol Kerzner, Atlantis is probably the most famous resort in the Bahamas. It has a water park, the largest outdoor aquarium in the Caribbean and a lot of impressive artwork specially created for the resort some of which you can see in the photos above.

My travel friend Harvey and I signed up for the Atlantis tour excursion through Royal Caribbean. It cost $39 and, I thought it was worth the money. The resort provided the guide for the tour who was very knowledgeable and funny. The tour included transportation to and from the resort. I think the tour took 3 hours. Next up - Key West, Florida

5 comments:

manju said...

Thanks for sharing nice photos .i am planning to go bahamas .which is best resorts in bahamas

Ditto said...

To Manju. I can't recommend any resorts as I've never stayed at any. I've visited Nassau every time I've been there by cruise ship. As you can see by my photos, I did a tour of the Atlantis resort through a booked excursion through my ship. I know of another resort that is supposed to be pretty posh on Paradise Island as well which right across from some French ruins which I thought were pretty neat. Plus, there is a funny story about them. I hope you have a nice time if you choose to stay in Nassau.

manju said...

super .do you have cruise .next planning to bahamas with your only.bahamas paradise cruise ship is amazing journey.

Ditto said...

To Manju. I will be cruising to the Bahamas again this April. I'll visit Nassau for the 5th time and Freeport for the 1st time. Thankfully, Royal Caribbean has come out with a new tour that takes in parts of New Providence Island that I haven't seen before so, it should be interesting. Freeport I believe is the 2nd busiest port in the Bahamas and, I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time. The tour I signed up for will include a chance to try some Bahamian ale. It should be fun.

manju said...

To Ditto .i went bahamas in march.Bahamas paradise cruise line have given offers and discounts.kids sail free now .Grand celebration and Grand classica was good cruise ship to go bahamas .Bahamas cruise