Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Arundel Mills Dave & Buster's

Today, I decided to treat myself to some Spin & Win at the Arundel Mills Dave & Buster's. For those who don't know what a Dave & Buster's is, Dave & Buster's are a combination sports bar, restaurant and arcade. They have big screen tv's in the the sports bar part of the complex for the sports nuts. They have a restaurant section which is right next to the arcade with some tv's for the not so devout sports nuts and, they have a million dollars worth (supposedly) of arcade games. The games run the gamut from shooting basketball hoops to shoot em up games to skeeball and my game which is Spin & Win. Spin & Win is a game where you pull a lever which starts a light going around a big massive number wheel like Wheel of Fortune. You hit a pad on the console which stops the light moving and whatever number it stops on is the number of tickets you win. The ultimate prize of this game is winning 1,000 tickets. There are 3 spots on the wheel where you can do that. You just have to have great timing and hand/eye coordination. Also, you mustn't let yourself get distracted by all the noise, the people around you or the excitement of playing the game. It's not easy to hit the 1,000 ticket light but, it is really cool when you do it. I managed to hit it 5 times before I decided to call it quits though I still had over 350 coins on my powercard (I did a $100 re-charge).

When you're ready to cash out, you walk up to the Winners Circle where you put all your tickets in a big plastic tub and, they weigh them. They know by weight how many tickets you'll have won. Also, they'll tell you your total number of tickets you have on your card. After that, you can browse the prizes in the Winners Circle. They run the game from candy to game cartridges to small appliances like a George Foreman Steak Grill or blender. One particular neat prize I saw was a fake jukebox which plays CDs and, I believe it can play MP3 tunes. I saw a USB hook-up in it. This particularly nice prize was also the most expensive costing a hefty 110,000 tickets! Still, I thought it was pretty cool.

The Arundel Mills Dave & Buster's is easy enough to get to. It's in Hanover, Maryland just off of Maryland-100 or you can exit Maryland-295 (the Baltimore Washington Parkway, drive down Arundel Mills Boulevard (I think), turn left so the Tower Federal Credit Union is on your right and drive around the huge mall until you see the Dave & Busters's. It's right next to Chevy's. Parking wise, there is a lot of parking BUT, it can still be a challenge to find a spot on weekends and holidays like today. For those who like to ride motorbikes (like me), there is a special parking zone for motorbikes though this can get filled up like it did today.

Happy gaming all!

P.S.
Concerning the food at Dave & Buster's, I can't rate it. I never eat or drink there. All I ever do there is play Spin & Win and check out the prizes in the Winners Circle.

No comments: