Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Jake & Amos Products Review

One of my favorite products at the Laurel, Maryland Pennsylvania Dutch Market on Ft. Meade Road is the Jake & Amos line of products. They make preserves, salsas, pickled vegetables, mustards, sauces, fruits and pickles. I've tried a number of them and, I found them consistently excellent. They specialize in Amish style recipes and presumably their products are made by the Amish. Some of my favorites are their pickled asparagus which has a great taste and is always crunchy or their spiced dilly beans which are pickled French green beans. Other products I've taste tested are their hot pickled cauliflower (very good and not terribly hot), pickled okra (very good), pickled baby beets (very good and, I'm not a beet lover), pickled sweet Brussels sprouts (very good though I think unusual, I didn't even know you could pickle these), pickled sweet baby corn (very good) and corn salsa (very good). Also, I've tried their corn and black bean salsa which is very good though annoyingly, it only comes in 16 ounce jars. As I like the Jake & Amos products so much, I try to save money by buying them in the 32 ounce jars vice the 16 ounce jars. By my figuring, you can save 10 cents an ounce by buying a lot of their products in the bigger jars. Lastly, I know they do occasionally have sales on Jake & Amos products at the Laurel Pennsylvania Dutch Market (I'm keeping an eye out for the next one myself).

If you want more information on the Jake & Amos products, their website is: http://www.jakeandamos.com/Default.aspx. I highly doubt you'll be dissatisfied with any of their products. Bon Appetit!

No comments: