Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ivy Ridge Townhomes

I checked out the demo townhome at the Ivy Ridge development in Dallastown, PA. I was impressed with it. The townhome is definitely bigger than my current apartment. Also, the townhome had a very nice appearance. On the negative side for me, I found out that York County has the second best schools in Pennsylvania and the people in that county pay for it. My property taxes which include school taxes would be $300 a month. Serious ouch! Since I don't have kids and I don't think I'll be having any soon, this is a big negative. Another negative is the commute. On the drive out, I confirmed that it'll be about an hour and 15 minutes to get to work. One good point of sorts is that it'll be virtually all highway driving so I'll get the best gas milage I can but, it'll still be a long drive (about 73 miles). Figuring 25 miles to the gallon, I'll burn 3 gallons of gas (over $10) each way. I'm getting a lot of 2 hour work days at the Post Office so that would make those days pretty pointless. Also, I've heard the auxiliary route I'd like to get will only be 2 hours each day. I would like to have my own place and stop the rent increases where I live but, I don't know if it would be worth buying at this development. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons some more. We'll see what I decide.

No comments: